Skip to main content

How our beliefs can shape us...


The New York Times had an article yesterday, "How Our Beliefs Can Shape Our Waistline", about how our beliefs about how much we exercise may substantially influence our health and eventually longevity.

The article was based on a study made by researchers at Stanford University, published in Health Psychology, basically hints that upending our thinking about exercise might help us whittle away pounds, whether we work out more or not.

This is something I've been thinking a lot about lately. More and more people are starting to believe in manifestation and things like that, and many of them claim to get really great results. I think there might be something in it, after all the old Voodoo-rites was greatly based on peoples belief too, according to scientists.

However, I am trying out a program called "Trajectory Manifestation". I have no clue whatsoever if it will work for me or not, but that much I cab already tell you; It feels great!

 Trajectory Manifestation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade wine making - Now I've tried it!

My Father is in to it, my brother is there, many of my friends always have the bucket bubbling... I have never before tried it myself until now! But I suppose I am hooked now too. Homemade wine making is fast becoming very popular across the world. You can make it taste the way you want, and basically use whatever you have - or like - for your base flavor. I am most definitely going to play around more whit this! First things first - how much do you want to make? I recommend at least 5 gallons (~19 liters). Why? An old truth is this: Beginning home wine makers just cannot wait to taste what they have made. In addition, 5 gallons is only 25 bottles. So you'll get the batch finished, and then you will try a bottle or 2 or 3. Then you'll wait a week and try a few more bottles. Sooner than later, pretty much sooner I noticed, it will all be gone before it has a chance to age and get really good. With 5 gallons to begin with - you just might be tempted to let a few of the...

Coffee can reduce your risk of early death

Yes, one minute you die from it the next is it healthy. We all know how this goes, it all depend on who do the study, and why, it seem. However, a new study made by European Society of Cardiology and involving close to 20,000 individuals, and published late last year, people who consumed at least four cups of coffee daily had a 64% lower risk of early death compared to those never or rarely consumed coffee. Coffee has also been shown to reduce the risk of many diseases, including type 2 diabetes, liver disease, colorectal cancer, Alzheimer's and skin cancer, too. Coffee is loaded with antioxidants, many are naturally occurring antioxidants found in the coffee bean, while others are created during the roasting process. It's these compounds that science links with positive effects in reducing the risk of several diseases. So, there we go. Think it's time for a good cup of Java!

Coffee may come with a cancer warning label in California!

Well... We all know strange things happen. All the time and all over the world. Here is one example: A preliminary decision from a California superior court judge in Los Angeles could affect thousands of coffee shops including Starbucks, 7-Eleven and even your local gas station. In the future the shops may have to put up a warning that tells customers there is a possible cancer risk linked to their morning cup of java. At the same time, anyone that is 21 and older can buy and consume marijuana when you're in California, regardless of whether you're a resident of the state or just visiting. It’s called “recreational” marijuana, to distinguish it from “medical” marijuana, which requires a doctor’s recommendation. Ok, we all know both coffee and marijuana is good for you. As long as you don't overdo the usage of the stuff, but that goes for about everything you consume, from bananas to cheese. The health benefits of coffee I wrote about back in february , have a look a...